Welder/Fabricator - Davidson
Young’s Equipment Inc., southern Saskatchewan’s largest Case IH agricultural equipment dealer, has a reputable and innovative metal fabrication segment within its Service Department, specializing in creating and repairing high-quality, custom metal products for the agricultural industry. With a commitment to precision and craftsmanship, we are seeking a skilled and motivated Welder/Fabricator to join our team in Davidson and contribute to the creation of exceptional metal structures and components.
What We Offer You:
- Enjoy a casual and fun working environment, with a great group of co-workers;
- Competitive wages, full benefits package, including health, dental, life, disability, critical illness, an employee and family assistance program, pension plan and leading performance incentives;
- On-going training and support.
As a Welder/Fabricator at Young’s Equipment Inc., you will be an integral part of our Service team, responsible for welding and fabricating metal components according to specifications, requirements, and design blueprints. Your expertise and attention to detail will ensure that our products meet the highest quality standards, contributing to the success and reputation of our company.
The Role You Will Play:
- Perform various welding techniques to join and fabricate metal components.
- Interpret and work from blueprints, sketches, and technical drawings to accurately execute welding projects.
- Select appropriate equipment, tools, and materials based on the project requirements.
- Prepare surfaces and materials for welding by cleaning, grinding, and cutting as necessary.
- Ensure the accuracy of measurements and alignment of components to achieve precise results.
- Conduct quality inspections to identify and address any defects or irregularities in metal structures.
- Collaborate with colleagues and supervisors to prioritize and manage work assignments effectively.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts by suggesting process enhancements and efficiencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent; welding certification or certification in metal fabrication from a recognized institution preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in metal fabrication and assembly.
- Proficiency in using a wide range of fabrication and welding tools and equipment.
- Expertise in welding, cutting, bending, and forming techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing precise and high-quality work.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Problem-solving skills to address welding-related challenges effectively.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow instructions and guidelines.
- Understanding of workplace safety practices and protocols.
- Physical stamina and ability to work in various positions and environments.
March 1st, 2024